The Center for Disease Control estimates that 90% of all people born in the U.S. test positive for candida by six months of age. By adulthood, virtually all humans play host to Candida Albicans and are thus engaged in a life-long relationship. The primary aim of this article is for the patient to learn the different options for such treatment and to efficiently discern which among these the best suitable to his or her case is.
1. Garlic is renowned for its antifungal properties. It can prove immensely helpful in treating candidiasis. Ideally, one should consume two to three cloves of garlic daily to get relief from yeast infection. This yeast infection home remedy is also suitable for topical application. Just crush one or two cloves of garlic and apply the paste on the affected area of the skin. For vaginal yeast infection, wrap finely cut garlic cloves in a cheesecloth and insert it into the vagina keeping a part of the cheesecloth outside, so that you can remove it after 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Use yogurt. Apply the yogurt to the affected area and do this twice a day until the infection is gone. Yogurt-Unsweetened yogurt contains good bacteria that are able to fight the bad bacteria contained in the Candida infection. Yogurt can be inserted into the vagina for more immediate results.
3. Allow air circulation by using underwear made of cotton or with a cotton lining in the crotch and avoid using tight pants.
4. Tea tree oil can be applied topically to destroy candida albicans and cure yeast infections, as it has antifungal properties. However, one should use only diluted tea tree oil for yeast infection treatment. Use of undiluted tea tree oil should be avoided. Pregnant women should better avoid this yeast infection home remedy.
5. Fold the gauze in half to form what would look like a tampon. Insert the garlic, vaginal suppository inside the vaginal area. Remove the suppository every 3 or 5 hours and insert a new one. Repeat the process for about 3 to 5 days or until the infection is gone.
6. Boric acid – This is a chemical substance that has both antifungal and antiseptic properties. It can be used in the treatment of candidiasis but it should be noted that it is very harsh and leaves severe burning sensations.
7. A very restrictive candida diet is almost always prescribed as well. This diet virtually eliminates all yeast-containing or yeast-benefiting products from the diet, such as bread, cereal, wheat, potato, flour, coffee, milk, herbs, honey, chocolate, ice cream, jelly, cheese, ketchup, mustard, pastries, bacon, sausage, vinegar, fermented foods, juices and the like. To conquer a yeast problem and maintain good health from diet alone is very difficult. For instance, one must not eat sweets, fruit, refined grain, or carbohydrates, or drink alcohol or fruit juices.
By: Charles Zoe
About the Author: