Eyes are the most significant sense organs of the human body that also form an integral part of the beauty. Beautiful eyes draw other’s attention easily and leave a long lasting impression. Women are passionate in decorating the eyes by kohls and eyeliners to make them look more attractive. It require special care and attention amidst the regular hectic schedule. Any problem in the eyes can make life miserable and provide enough hindrance to the daily activities. Care should be taken to protect the eyes from any infection, poor vision and myopia through diet and other self care methods. Some problem develop with aging, which is normal but regular eye care habit prevents the severity of those problems.
Most commonly observed symptoms are –
1. Poor vision
2. Unable to read properly
4. Pain and itching
Causes of eye problem
1. Infection in the eyes.
2. Deficiency of Vitamin A.
3. Development of myopia and short sightedness.
4. Poor lighting during reading.
5. Working for long hours in a computer.
6. Formation of cataracts due to aging.
For maintaining a good health of the eyes, the following simple home remedies are highly effective.
1. Cleaning the eyes regularly by splashing water 3-4 times a day prevents all sorts of eye infection.
2. Pain in the eyes due to long hours of computer work can be reduced by blinking the eyes 5-6 times.
3. Exercising the eyes by rotating the eyeballs in clock wise and anti clockwise direction for 10-15 times provides relaxation.
4. Inflammation and swelling of the eyes can be reduced by simply placing used tea bags over them for half an hour.
5. Potato is very effective home remedy in curing mild eye problems. Placing potato slices over the eyes for 10-15 minutes, removes tired looks from the eyes and restores the glow.
6. Similar application with cucumber slices also produces the same effect.
7. Regular intake of food enriched with Vitamin A and C improves vision and prevents eye problems.
8. Including spinach in the diet is very beneficial in increasing the eyesight.
9. Applying few drops of eyebright herb is effective in treating different eye conditions.
10. Regular intake of walnuts reduces the weakness of the eyes.
11. Application of 2-3 drops of rose water daily has a soothing effect on the eyes.
12. A paste of grounded almonds, fennel seeds and sugar candy is prepared and stored in a glass container. Taking 10 grams of this paste with milk, every night, helps in treating myopia.
By: Ryan Mutt
About the Author: