Leucorrhoea is a gynecological problem, characterized by whitish discharge from the female genitals. When there is an infection in the tissues of the uterus or upper part of vagina, whitish discharge or leucorrhoea occurs. In other words, leucorrhoea marks some abnormality in the female reproductive organs. Leucorrhoea may become chronic if not checked in time. It may continue for several weeks and months.
Actually when toxins soar in women’s body to the extent that the eliminatory organs like bowel, skin, kidneys and lungs fail to eliminate them completely, inflammation of the mucous membrane of the uterus and vagina occurs, eliminating toxins in the form of profuse white discharge. The color of the discharge may vary from creamy to yellowish or light green and may consist of pus. In young girls, leucorrhoea may start few years before the onset of menstrual cycle. Factors like dirt, intestinal worms, dirty, soiled undergarment, and excessive masturbation may lead to infection or irritation in the mucous membrane of the uterus or vagina, leading to leucorrhoea. Women with weakened immune system and hormonal disturbances are likely to fall an easy prey to leucorrhoea.
Symptoms of Leucorrhoea
1. Off-white or yellowish vaginal discharge.
2. Itching around vagina and the genitals
3. Offensive odorous discharge
4. Painful menstruation
5. Weakness and fatigue
6. Dark circles under eyes
7. Dullness of skin
8. Pain in lumber region
9. Dragging sensation in abdomen.
12. Frequent headaches
Leucorrhoea Herbal and Natural Remedies
1. Self-help techniques should be adopted to get rid of the systemic toxicity, the primary cause of leucorrhoea. One should drink plenty of water, switch on to correct dietary habits, get good sleep, exercise and inhale a lot of fresh air. Fiber-based diet would cleanse the bowel properly. To start with one has to live solely on lemon water or fruit juices for three or four days. This will help the body to get rid of the morbid matte. Bowel can be emptied with the help of suppositories or warm water enema. Moreover a proper hygiene is to be maintained. Wearing clean lingerie, suspending sexual relation until leucorrhea gets cured, are required.
2. Usage of ladies finger is an effective home remedy for leucorrhea. A decoction may be prepared by boiling 100 grams of ladyfinger in 1 liter water for about 20 minutes and then strained. One may take two or three ounces of the decoction frequently for best results. One may also cook some rice in half liter water. Once the cooking is over, one may strain the water and drink it frequently. Drinking a decoction prepared by boiling 2-3 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in 1 liter water, and then straining, can help a lot. Washing the affected area with a solution prepared by boiling walnut tree leaves or guava leaves in a liter water or applying mango pulp to the affected area can be quite beneficial. Chewing betel nuts or consuming banana is good for treating leucorrhoea.
3. Banyan, asafetida, butea, henna leaves are good for treating leucorrhoea. Decoctions prepared from lavender, oak bark, yarrow are beneficial herbal preparations for treating leucorrhoea.
By: Dr Andrew Napier
About the Author: