Dry scalp can be caused by many factors like environmental or dietary and is characterized by itching, flaking and sometimes by an increased hair loss , The main cause for dry scalp is “decreased amount of oil at the surface of the scalp which is produced by sebaceous glands” The oil secreted by these glands is necessary to maintain a healthy balance of natural lubrication in both the hair follicles and the scalp. You can understand it by simple words – i.e. this oil is essential for maintaining moisture and preventing dryness of your scalp.
Some other causes for dry scalp: –
Using harsh shampoos. Hard water. Diet. Weather. Allergies. Air conditioners . Pollution.
Best way to prevent dry scalp condition is giving your scalp a Massage ( For improving blood circulation and healthy hairs) and conditioning/moisturizing your hairs.
Here are some home remedies for dry scalp:-
Apply natural oils like avocado, coconut, jojoba or olive oil to your hair before shampooing your hairs Apply any of the oil mentioned above into the hair and place the hair in a bun for about 25 minutes. You can even wrap your hair under a plastic cap covered by a heat cap for added conditioning. You’ll find that your hair will be more revived and manageable Use combination of jojoba oil and coconut oil. Massage it onto your scalp, before going to bed. It won’t stain your bedding. Shampoo usually.
For dry itchy scalp try this remedy :
– Take ¼ cup oatmeal and soak in water for 25 minutes.
– Mix well and then strain the liquid .
– Add 5 – 7 drops lavender oil .
– Add 5 – 7 drops rosemary .
– Apply this mixture on your scalp for 10 – 15 minutes.
Yoghurt – A very simple home remedy for Dry Scalp :
– Take a cup of yoghurt apply it on your scalp with light massage after shampooing
– Leave it for 10 – 20 minutes,
– Yoghurt is perfect conditioner when used with egg both are beneficial in dry scalp condition.
Southern wood tonic– Effective (and should be used on oily Hairs ) :
– Make a mixture of 5 tablespoons strong southernwood infusion + mild eau de Cologne .
– Use this mixture in dilute form i.e add same quantity of warm water into mixture massage into the scalp twice a week.
MORE TIPS :
– Make a mixture of Milk ( 1/2 Cup ) + Honey ( 2 tablespoons ) + olive oil ( 1/2 Cup ) .
– Apply this mixtureto your hair for 3 – 5 hours. ( Before shampooing )
– Make a mixture of water and vinegar with equal parts
– Apply this mixture to your scalp after wetting your hair .
About the Author: