When the pores on our skin get blocked and infected, it causes Acne. Due to the over secretion of sebum from the sebaceous glands, the oil gets trapped and results in pimples and blackheads. If the infection gets deeper it may result in a cyst. The skin area where more oil glands are present is more prone to acne like the face, back, chest and shoulders.
Acne is a very common skin condition. It is seen mostly in teenagers but adults are also affected by this skin disorder. When the dirt and oil is blocked, the normal bacteria found on skin, starts growing and produces chemicals which cause irritation to the skin. This results in inflammation.
The main cause of Acne is over secretion of the sebum. This can happen when there are hormonal changes in a person. Hormonal changes occur during puberty, pregnancy or during stress. In stress conditions, the adrenal glands produce more number of hormones resulting in enlargement of the oil glands. Chronic constipation, hot humid weather, anxiety, certain medications, allergies and greasy cosmetics may also be responsible for the breakout. Acne can be a genetic problem too in some people.
The symptoms are bumps, uneven rough skin, blackheads, milia, redness, swelling, irritation, oozing and inflammation. Severe acne can leave behind scars on the skin or face.
There is antibiotic available for the treatment of severe acne. There are many home remedies known to have prevented acne or to have reduced and healed it. Some of the home remedies are
1. Neem: Neem has many beneficial properties for the skin. Neem leaves can be crushed and put on the affected area.
2. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice can be diluted with little water and applied on the area.
3. Fenugreek paste: Make a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves and apply.
4. Cucumber: Crush cucumber and apply on skin. Leave for a while, then wash.
5. Mint Juice: Crush fresh mint leaves and take out juice. Apply this juice.
6. Vinegar: Dilute vinegar and apply on skin.
7. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties. Dilute little tea tree oil and apply.
8. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is another beneficial remedy. Apply the gel on infected area.
9. Orange peel: Putting orange peel on acne has been an effective remedy too.
10. Garlic: Include garlic in your diet. One can crush garlic clove and dab the juice on the skin also.
11. Echinacea: Take Echinacea to boost your immunity to help kill the bacteria.
12. Tomatoes: Eat tomatoes regularly. One can put tomato slice on skin too. Tomato helps in healing.
13. Honey: Include honey in your diet or apply as a mask.
14. Vitamin B: Include Vitamin B complex in your diet.
15. Zinc: Zinc keeps the sebaceous glands under control. Take zinc in your diet to keep a control over the bacteria.
Avoid eating unhealthy junk food. Eat a balanced diet with vitamins. Eat food high in sulphur content, like garlic and onions. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins from the body, to give a healthy skin. Practice yoga for a glowing skin. Do not burst the pimples. Avoid touching it and keep your hands clean. Do not stress about it, else it may aggravate the condition.
By: James Napier
About the Author: